Sunday, October 12, 2008

another Mad night

Before the New York Magazine article, my writer sister has already alerted me through my Facebook wall about the works of this talented New York lady on Flickr. She captures immortal scenes from the beloved cult series down to it's essence. She might as well have pinned down every Mad Men fanatic and dissected their brain with a laser and looked into that smoky corner in their cerebrum where they hold Sterling Cooper dear.

I, of course, have the Twistin' Peggy from the Hobo Code and this eerily familiar set-up from the pilot with Ms. Olson and a not so noble physician. I have not been a fan of Betty Draper until Season Two when I've finally decided that January Jones may just be an actress to reckon with. Check out Dyna Moe's punk-rock take on everyone's favorite Nordic model-turned-homemaker. Ah, how's about Joan Hollaway? To adore the redheaded office Marilyn is a given.

Rumor alert! A certain gun-toting, former beauty queen Republican running for VP may just be in next Saturday's SNL and may be running into Donald Draper. Hmmm, I can envision a Bobbie Barrett kind of scenario ala The Benefactor ep. I'm sure they have a lot in common. Really.

No comments: