Wednesday, December 07, 2005

....me timber? or me, timber? 10-06-2005

Lord help me why this song has been playing inside my sleep-deprived head over and over again.

I am in waking delirium.

My official favorite Coldplay song.

My official favorite Coldplay video.

Undulating. Unassuming. As it breathes onto your skin, walks its fingers down your spine and sink into your consciousness slowly, surely, irrevocably like a bloke. Just the right kind of bloke. A Chris Martin bloke. A Jon. A Will. A Guy. The music, like the video stark and bare-bones ( for Coldplay). Just well worn speakers and and one busy dolly ( I think, I'm no director but my sister is ). Just the inexplicable irresistable lure of young men in jeans, shirts, vintage sneakers, guitars, drums and five o'clock shadows (hopefully some timely showers somewhere in the mix too) jamming consumingly under the behest of an invisible muse. Intellect. Youth. Passion. Rock 'n Roll. Caffeine. Good intentions. One perfect muggy afternoon. Indoors.

A great song to get knocked up to.

Sleep.

Lord knows why this song keeps playing over and over in my head and in my i-tunes.

"Shiver"
by Coldplay from Parachutes

So I look in your direction,
But you pay me no attention, do you?
I know you don't listen to me.
'cause you say you see straight through me, don't you.

On and on from the moment I wake,
To the moment I sleep,
I'll be there by your side,
Just you try and stop me,
I'll be waiting in line,
Just to see if you care.

Did she want me to change?
But I change for good.
And I want you to know.
But you always get your way,
I wanted to say,
Don't you Shiver? Shiver, Shiver

I'll always be waiting for you,
So you know how much I need ya,
But you never even see me, do you?
And is this my final chance of getting you?

Sing it loud and clear.
I'll always be waiting for you.
I'll always be waiting for you.
I'll always be waiting for you.
Yeah I'll always be waiting

And it's you I see, but you don't see me.
And it's you I hear, so loud and clear.
I sing it loud and clear.
And I'll always be waiting for you,.

So I look in your direction,
But you pay me no attention,
And you know how much I need you,
But you never even seen me.Coldplay_backstage

No comments: